Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Recovery

Oh my!

It was a weekend of over-indulgence!

Weekend guests and a small pre-retirement celebration made for way too much in the way of calorie intake and way too little in the way of calorie out-put. And now the work week arrives and it's time to make up for all of that.

Refocusing the diet is really the easy part. It so happens that I like fruits, vegetables and good for you foods as much I like the sweet, salty, high fat decadent foods.

The exercise part might prove to be a bit of a challenge, though. I somehow injured my left foot. I'm not sure how or when, but I'm self diagnosing a stress fracture or similar type injury in my left ankle. No running for a few days to see how it feels. I plan on getting outside on my bicycle later today since the weather is so very nice. I figure a little low impact aerobic exercise is in order. I don't plan on pushing too hard; just want to get out and get some work.

The weekend pass is expired.
Back to healthy living!

Be well!

John <><

2 comments:

  1. John, it seems we always say the same thing on Mondays! Too much good food on the weekends. We pigged out on Mexican on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had our Mexican outing on Friday night, fight night with my son on Saturday, early retirement party get together on Sunday! Oy!

      Delete