Thursday, February 5, 2015

Going with the Flow -- Vinyasa

Going with the Flow is also the title of my post on my other blog today.
But that is about going with the flow of events that make up my daily life.

Of course, I guess that could also be said of vinyasa -- going with the flow of events that make up life.

For the health and exercise minded people that are reading this, no explanation is needed. For the casual reader that has stopped by from Facebook or Twitter, vinyasa is a practice of yoga that flows from one pose to another.

In any case, I'm posting today because I'm finding that I like the practice of yoga. It is good exercise. Anybody can do it. It is oddly both relaxing and physically stressful (mildly) at the same time. If you find that taking a yoga class is inconvenient or uncomfortable, I'm going to recommend a site that I've found to be very useful in a daily variety and practice.

30 Days of Yoga is a month long series of yoga sessions. Each one is different and each has a different focus. You can click the link for an overview with Adriene. I started my 30 days at the end of January, have skipped a couple of days and have made up a day by doubling up the next day. You can do it how ever you like.

Be well (or in yoga speak, namaste),
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment