Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Something Different

Yesterday was a cold, dreary, and sometimes rainy day. There were certainly times when I  could have gotten out for a walk, but I really wasn't feeling it -- so I didn't. But I did manage to put the exercise cycle to good use by putting in an easy 30 minutes.
It wasn't much and I wasn't very fast (11-12 mph), but it was different and felt good. I could tell that I'm in need of something that's more of a cardio workout than just walking. I feel the 30 minutes on the cycle is well worth missing out on the 10,000 steps. My step count was only 4,153 but I may do more cardio exchanges for steps in the future. I'll need to build a little strength and endurance on the exercise bike before actually riding my bicycle. Even the long gradual slopes of the roads around here would be a challenge right now; the hills might kill me.

Diet came in under target again. I even managed a pretty high calorie, high fat, delicious BBQ pork rib dinner. Logging foods helps me be mindful of portion size. I'm sure I could have (and probably would have) finished off the slab if I wasn't paying attention to what and how much I'm eating.

Looks like another cold, rainy day. Maybe I'll be back on the exercise bike.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment