Friday, January 12, 2018

Jan 12

Today is the 12th and so I get a rest day for the 30 Day Ab Challenge and the 3000 Squat/1000 Push-up Challenge. I'm thinking about doing tomorrow's challenge today and taking my rest day tomorrow just because of scheduling.

I'm still up to date with my walking. I did miss a day when it rained all day last Sunday but have made up the miles on other days. Also, I have a built in miss day with 31 days in January and basing my goal distance on 30 days of walking. I have done a little bit of light running while on my walks, but it is hard on the fat guy's knees. It might be better if I lose a few pounds before making running a regular part of my exercise.
I've managed my 10,000 steps everyday except last Sunday. Since I missed the walking outside, I did 30 minutes on the Nordic Track skier and 30 minutes on the indoor cycle. It wasn't a bad day; I just fell short of the step goal.

After twelve consecutive days, I can report that daily exercise still is not a habit. Today's walk will require some serious will power since the high will be around 28f (-2c) with a wind chill of 14f (-10c). Three winters ago that wouldn't have been an issue. I guess I've become more of a wimp in my retirement.

It's not much, but it's a start.

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment