Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1, 2018

New year.
New plan.

Short term
Day by day
Baby steps

Intermediate term
Under 200 pounds by June 13

Long term
Reprogram mind, body, spirit to a better way of living.

*****     *****     *****

I didn't weigh first thing this morning. I had already eaten something and had my morning coffee before I though about it. I know it's right around the 250 mark. Twenty-three weeks to lose fifty pounds isn't crazy, but will require constant focus on the goal. In the end the weight itself isn't that important to me. Rather it is the indicator that I am doing the right things for my overall health.

Daily for January will be the combined 30 Day Ab Challenge and 3000 Squat, 1000 Push-up Challenge, along with daily walking to a 75 mile monthly goal.
In the beginning, I'll probably be doing a little more than the daily requirements and gradually letting the calendar catch up to me. Depending on the weather, I may slip in something like indoor cycling or Nordic Track, but I still want to hit the 75 mile walking goal.

Naturally, a healthy diet is a part of the overall adaptation to a better way of living. We have been eating at home more often (and will continue to do so) and making better dietary choices. I really need to be more purposeful about everything I consume by asking myself ,"How will my body use this?" every time I am about to eat or drink something.

That's it for now.
I know it's not much, but I'm old and fat and it's a start.

John


1 comment:

  1. Good for you, John. We eat out far too often, and consume more calories than we should. Plus, in these colder months, it’s easy to get sedentary. Overall healthy living is the key!

    ReplyDelete