Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Goals

It's February and time to set some goals for the month.
I managed my mileage goal of walking 75 miles in January and will keep that for February, even with its three fewer days.

I backed off on the Squat/push-up challenge in January, but think I'll re-work the numbers and do it again in February. I'll utilize the gains I made in early January and decrease the end of the month demands that I think caused some of my physical discomfort.
3000 squats and 1000 push-ups breaks down to only 150/50 per day for 20 days (that allows for rest days, although they're not as necessary with the lower numbers).

I'm going to add some yoga back into my routine. I was surprised at the strength increases I found the last time yoga was a regular part of my fitness plan. I'm also going to use some weights, both dumbbells and the weight machine. I may have to find some alternative to the weights while on our trip to beaches of Mexico, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I'll continue to be mindful of what I eat (and when) as I work towards being a healthier person in 2018. I hope that February still finds your New Year's resolutions intact.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment