Thursday, March 1, 2018

Starting over

Well, February was a bit of a bust.
I started out well but fell out of the practice of daily exercise while on vacation. I managed to eat well while traveling and didn't really over indulge until the past few days. Weight wise, I ended up pretty much where I started the month. Exercise wise, not so much.

And now it's March.

Since I've been finding walking less attractive than it used to be, I think I'll ride down to Busiek State Forest a couple of days a week for a nice hike. It's less than ten miles from the house and maybe I could get familiar enough with the trails so that I won't get lost like I have in the past. The Springfield Nature Center is also a walking/hiking option. Its trails are more level (some are actually paved) and walker friendly. I'll try to get a walk in around the neighborhood on other days.

I have been doing a little yoga and will start with some indoor cycle time now that baseball is back to televising games. Even though I haven't stressed over it much, the subtle lifestyle changes are paying off. Little can be much when it is given enough time.

Be well,
John <><

2 comments:

  1. John -- do you have any sort of a gps unit to track your mileage? I have a variety of them for the varying workouts I do. I upload my data to Strava and connect with others there who are doing the same. It's a painless way to chart your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Run Keeper most of the time and that info is shared with friends that also use the app.

      Delete