Wednesday, June 3, 2020

June 3

It seems that I've got the hang of keeping a pretty close watch on the calories. I probably need to pay more attention to the type of calories -- fats, proteins, carbs. I do some, but I need to do better.

I have mixed my own breakfast cereal. It's a mix of rolled oats, a bag of raw walnuts, cashews, and macadamia nuts, and a bag of dried berries. A half cup serving is 199 calories with 29.2g of carbs, 7g of fat, and 5.5g of protein. I generally add a little 2% milk and eat it cold, but I could add water and heat it in the microwave for a hot cereal. Yesterday I added some fresh strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. It was a nice healthy way to begin the day.



Exercise:
Yesterday was okay. Only 8,343 on steps, but I did put in 30 minutes on the exercise cycle. My ass is kind of feeling it this morning. I like the cardio work that it provides over just walking and may find that I'm doing it more often. 
Today I'll hit the weight machine again. Eventually I'll work out my own circuit routine to use a couple of times per week.

I don't know where others struggle the most on their fitness journey. Although I can certainly get overindulgent where food is concerned, regular exercise is my real nemesis. It's much easier for me to get my head around controlling diet than it is to stick to a fitness program, but I'm working on it.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment