Monday, August 24, 2020

August 24

 Wow, a two week absence. Yeah, that's not good news on the progress towards the interim goal.

I had a bad week and a decent week, so they pretty much cancelled each other out. That leaves me where I was two weeks ago with eight pounds to lose, but now I have less time (12 days). The truth is that if it was just about making 220 pounds by 9/5, I could probably do it, but I know I'd be back above 220 in the days to follow.

I'll push ahead in the coming days and be okay with missing by a few pounds. I'm still looking at a pretty easy 200 by the end of the year, even with the holidays coming at the end of it. In related progress, I managed to fit into my skinny shorts. They're snug, but I haven't been able to wear them for several years.

On the exercise side of things, I did air up the tires on my bicycle and took a short ride last week.That's new work for the leg muscles! As weather cools towards fall, maybe I'll get back to regular walks and an occasional bike ride. It'll will be another hot one (mid 90s) in the Ozarks today.

Be well,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment