Wednesday, February 8, 2023

February 8th

One week into February and still on track at 260 pounds; that's -2 pounds for the first week and -8 for the year. I did a little exercise early in the week, but still need to work on making it a habit. I'm still pretty comfortable being comfortable and need to work on getting uncomfortable. Winter is a difficult time since I am more likely to get exercise by activity, like the spring/summer working in the yard, than by something like running, walking, working out, etc., etc.

It's cold and raining in the Ozarks today, so maybe I'll make my way downstairs to the stationary cycle or treadmill today - maybe not.
In thinking back to my original 60+ pound loss several years ago, I lost the first 20 pounds pretty much by diet alone and didn't start exercising until my weight was down enough to be mobile without as much discomfort or threat of injury. I'm not saying that I'll do that again. It's just something I'm remembering.

I really do need the exercise for the health part and I don't need to wait when there are so many options like yoga, tai chi, or simply walking. I'm trying to change my perspective from a weightloss journey to a good health journey - healthy foods, healthy activities.

It's February, week 2.
Here we go!

John


No comments:

Post a Comment