Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4, 2017

I realize that it is only the fourth day of the new year, but keeping up with the goals on a regular basis might help me stay on the right track.

I postponed my 3000 squat/1000 push-up start until January 2nd. I'm not sure if I should skip tomorrow's scheduled rest day so that each day's workout corresponds with the calendar date or just plan on finishing on the 31st. Finishing on the 30th would either allow for a day's rest before beginning the next 30 day challenge or I could begin a 30 day challenge for February on the 31st and then end it on March 1.
I guess I'll decide tomorrow.

I have a couple of physical limitations that are age related. A knee that probably needs to be replaced gives me problems with some exercises and yoga poses and a wrist that may have some arthritis and is difficult to flex with any weight on it. It is making the push up part of this months challenge -- well, challenging. It will also be a hindrance as I begin to work on the hand & arm balances in my yoga work. It will make for slower progress than I was hoping for.
No worries. I have plenty of time.

Diet wise, last weekend proved to be terrible, but I am tracking calories and watching what I'm consuming. I am predicting that this month will be a good start for the coming year.

I occasionally post health articles or my fitness updates on Twitter. Feel free to follow me if you want. I am at @magicianary.

Although it is pretty chilly out, I think I'm going to take a short walk.

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment