Monday, July 2, 2018

July goals

So I did manage to start July a few pounds lighter than I was mid-June (on my birthday).
It's nice to see the scale moving in the right direction again.

The last big weight loss goal was 54 pounds in my 54th year. This time the weight loss goal is about the same, but I'm not going to take a year to get there. I'd like to do it by the end of 2018 so it is a very doable 2 pounds per week. It's just going to take a little discipline and a few good habits.

I'm getting back to walking everyday, although I still forget to track my walks (Runkeeper app) sometimes. I've managed a streak of 7 days in a row!
I've also started using the My Fitness Pal app to log my foods and keep track of my caloric intake as well as breaking it down to protein, fat and carb calories.

I'm going to go easy in getting restarted and not try to do too much. I don't want to overdo it and cause an old man injury or just stop.
10,000 steps a day -- everyday.
I used my indoor stationary cycle a couple of times last month. I even aired up the tires and rode my bicycle a few miles. (Dang! There's a big difference!) Maybe I'll use them again this month. For now I don't want to use them as a substitute for the steps; maybe after I've become more disciplined.
It's hot and I need to stay hydrated. I noticed a little cramping from dehydration last week.
I also need to walk earlier in the day before it gets too hot.

July goals:
10,000 steps per day
minus 8 pounds

John

No comments:

Post a Comment