Monday, July 23, 2018

Keep Tracking

Since keeping track of food and exercise is keeping me on track, I thought I'd keep up with the blog updates, as well.

I decided to be a little more serious about the food tracking -- staying within my daily caloric allotment, as well as upping my protein intake and being more careful about carbs and excess fat. It seems to have paid off as I finally made a nice dent in the scale measurement at -4 pounds for the week. That gets me back to my -2 pounds per week goal at -10 lbs for 5 weeks.
Eating at home more often certainly helps.

I ended my walking/daily steps goal streak at 26 days when allergies got the best of me this week. I'll get back to it or may go with something indoors (indoor cycle or Nordic Track) for a few days.
I also started adding in some body weight exercises during the day, but not enough to really track nor give much consideration to at this point. I'm thinking I'll put squats and push-ups back into the daily routine for August. I may also include some dumbbell stuff for the arms. Although I feel pretty well overall, I do feel like I lack some strength for a guy of my size and age.
I know that there aren't a lot of occasions when I need more strength, but added muscle mass adds to daily calorie burn, and fit and healthy looks better than thin and healthy.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment