Saturday, August 4, 2018

Ugh! Minor injury

After 5 days of P90X3 I'm beginning to think that the arm soreness from Day 4's Challenge is more than your ordinary muscle soreness. It (left arm bicep) felt a little better after yesterday's cardiovascular workout but soon stiffened again and by evening I was beginning to think it may be more than just overuse of an unused muscle kind of soreness. I woke in the middle of the night, unable to straighten it without considerable discomfort. It appears to be injured near the tendon connection at the elbow. The pain occurs more when trying to straighten my arm rather than bending it; when stretching the muscle vs contracting it.
Ugh!

So...
Since the P90X workouts are pretty much total body workouts, I'm going to have to shelve them for a little while. I'll reassess after a week. Even if I restart at that point with the repetitive motion, it will be without any added resistance for a little while. I'll take a look at tomorrow's workout and may still do the agility workout.
In the mean time, I'll increase the daily walking (I restarted my daily 10K steps streak) and keep up with the daily squats (100). I may even add some cycling, yoga, or some ab/core stuff -- something that won't tax the arms too much.

I've been eating well and focusing on healthy foods in healthy portions. While better health is the goal, a better weight is one of the indicators and I'd really like to get the BMI out of the obese range. Since the weight loss was in the 1.5 - 2 pounds per week range before starting the P90X stuff, and since I'm still a subscriber to the "eat for weight management, exercise for good health" way of thinking, I expect the weight to continue to drop at a steady rate as my lifestyle becomes one of a more health minded individual.

I'll be back with the Monday weigh-in.
Enjoy the weekend.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment