Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 1

I ended June with a good day -- moderate activity, good diet.
I had just over 6000 steps, and moved a little rock to start filling a small water runoff gully in the field.

Diet-wise I was again below target.
For those that struggle with weight and dieting, I want you to know that I get that. I am not a well disciplined "dieter." I really need to get my head into dieting. What has helped me is a change in perspective.

We all have a diet. Your diet is simply what you eat and drink.
I am not on a diet. I am just purposefully managing my diet. Although I use a food log that includes calories, you can find a number of other ways to manage your diet.

I don't have anything that is forbidden. I'm not a low carb guy, but am aware of sugars, added sugars, and the effects that sugar has on the way I feel. I've done the keto thing in the past and lost a lot of weight, but it's not a sustainable way of eating for me. I would do better as a vegan or vegetarian than I would on a lifetime keto plan -- but I'm not doing that either.

By keeping a log, I am aware of what I'm consuming.
By paying attention to how I feel, I am more aware of the effects that different foods and drinks have on my body and can make future choices based on that information.
I know what intermittent fasting feels like.
I know what long term fasting feels like. (I've done 3,5, and 7 day fasts)
I know what overeating feels like.

What works for me, may not work for you, but if you're looking for a place to start it might help.
Feel free to comment or share what works for you. I'm no dietitian. I just know what works for me.
Read. Do a little research. Experiment with different methods. And use some common sense.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment