Monday, July 6, 2020

July 6; simple steps for the undisciplined

Monday morning weigh-in is 234 pounds. That's minus 24 pounds in the ten weeks since 4/22. 

I'm no dietitian and I'm obviously not a health expert. I had ice cream (twice) yesterday and regularly eat crap that no healthnut would touch. I am in terrible shape, have no regular exercise plan, and can't even force myself to walk daily most of the time.

So how does an undisciplined, unhealthy guy lose 24 pounds in ten weeks?
*I eat less. I pretty much eat what I want, but I eat less of it.
*I track my calories and know how many calories I need to stay below to lose two pounds per week. Although I don't restrict fats or carbs, I know when I'm consuming them and have a pretty good idea of how they'll make me feel. I also pay attention to when I'm eating.
*I utilize intermittent fasting (fast 16/eat 8) three or four days per week.
*And although it is irregular, I do try to manage some physical activity on most days.

That's pretty much it.

I understand how you might need some time to get your head into the idea of weight loss or fitness. I'm that way too. While your working on that, try doing just one thing to position yourself for success. Download a calorie counting app or a step tracking app. I use My Fitness Pal. There are many available. You won't even have to use it ... today. Just get familiar with it.

Simple steps for the undisciplined.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment