Thursday, April 8, 2021

Thursday, April 8

Yeah, I'm actually writing on Thursday evening instead of Friday morning.
I'm going to change up what I've been doing so far in April. While walking is a good, easy daily exercise, it has its downsides. One of them is that it takes so long to get in a meaningful walk. I think I'll plan to keep walking as a part of a weekly routine (or maybe even a shorter daily walk), but I'm going to nix the 100 miles for this month. 
I'll keep the 100 reps of something daily and make that an additional part of something else. I'd like to get back to daily Tai Chi. This week I've been pretty active with working on flowerbeds and landscaping. There will be plenty of that this spring and summer. I do realize there is a significant difference between activity and exercise. While I do see the exercise as more focused and important, just being active is more suited to what I am looking for.
Today's activity was getting another 15 bags of mulch and mulching two flower beds. It's not much, but the other flowerbed that needs work is on the windy side of the house and will have to wait for a less windy day.
My 100 rep exercise was donkey kicks. Not much to that. I'll start on doing more tomorrow (Friday).
It's 8:30 and I'm only at 6400 steps, so it doesn't look like I'll be making it to 10,000.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment