Monday, May 1, 2023

May 1 -- and I'm fat.

Damn
May 1st and I'm fat.
That's it. 
I'm pretty healthy for a fat guy - no diabetes, no bp meds, no anxiety or depression meds. I've got some seasonal allergies, a little arthritis, and I'm terribly out of shape, but other than that I am doing okay. 
But damn, I'm fat. 

If you know me, you know that I've lost lots of weight before. It's not like I don't know how to do it and to do it well. I just haven't done it lately. 

I need a mental reset as much as a change in diet and activity habits. It's just under 5 weeks until I'm headed for the beach. While that isn't enough time to get beachbody ready, it is enough time to make a good start at getting a good start at it.

This week --
Walk every day
No ice cream
No more than two beers for the week

That's my week 1 plan.
Simple enough.

I'm sure that I'll do more than that, but I need a base to keep me thinking about eating better and exercising a little bit. 
Here I go!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment