Monday, July 16, 2018

Mid-month report

I continue with my 10,000 daily step streak. It now stands at 21 days.
Last week I was at a children's camp all week and it was pretty easy to manage the steps. I had time to take a walk during the day, plus I spent time walking around the camp to different activities, as well.

Diet was the challenge last week as someone else was making food choices for me. My choice was deciding whether or not to eat it and how much. In the end, I ate way more starches than I would normally eat and not enough protein.

This morning the scale was at 246.
That's -2 pounds for the past two weeks and -6 in the four weeks since I started.
I'll take the downward trend, but have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the rate at which the weight is coming off. 1.5 pounds per week is a good steady rate, but I was hoping to keep it at 2 per week.
I keep trying to remember the important thing is to keep at the regular exercise and eat healthy foods in healthy amounts. If I live a healthier lifestyle, a healthier body weight will follow.
My blood pressure is good and the only regular medication I take is for seasonal allergies.
All-in-all, I'm not in bad health. I'm just not in what I would consider is good health, but I'm working on it.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment