Thursday, August 15, 2019

Year 60; week 9

Damn!
No progress on the weight loss.
I have been walking. I said I'd walk 5 days per week. I figure Sunday will always be a day off because the mornings are pretty full. Last week I took Friday as my second day. This week I took Tuesday because I was feeling an occasional twinge of pain in my left knee. I'm not sure what was causing it (other than the fat guy putting too much stress on it!) but I figured the day off to be a good thing.
The walking pace is coming back, but I'm just going to work on the distance and not worry about the time for the next week or so.

I have not been faithfully tracking food intake and probably need to. I've thought about a mini-fast or something to jump start the weight loss, but I'm not sure that's the route I want to go. I'm really more interested in a maintainable way of life. I'm not sure if not-eating-so-much-food is something that's maintainable after a lifetime of overindulgence, but that's what I'm faced with.

With two months of the year in the books, I'm now at needing to lose 6 pounds/month. Still easily attainable, but it's time to get serious.

John
Note: I realized that this is actually year 60; week 9, and so I went back and changed the title of the previous posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment