Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Back on the fitness track...

So day one of the return to fitness was an easy day. I managed 45 minutes of light work on my Pro-Form XP indoor cycle while watching the St. Louis Cardinals make a comeback victory over the Nationals. I followed the ride with some light stretching and called it a day. I'll probably do more of the same tonight (makes me feel better about sitting and watching the game) along with some circuit training on the Weider weight machine and with some dumbbells.

Next week's workout will prove to be more of a challenge as we'll be travelling. I'm sure that I'll manage with walks, short runs, body weight exercises or something. Going to try to keep at it everyday with something--even if it's only a 30 minute walk.

Yesterday was a pretty good food day, as well. Diet shouldn't pose too much of a problem next week. Dietary discipline is easier for me than motivation for exercise.

Although I've never been one to exercise with a partner, it is nice to know what others are doing and to encourage each other through contact on social media fitness apps. I have a few friends on RunKeeper and am often encouraged (and amazed) by their steadfast running routines. I think that I'm the only walker in that small group so I am probably less of an inspiration to them than they are to me.
I spoke with a former co-worker yesterday that has started walking and taking the stairs at work. That's also a good motivator for me to get back to walking. I think I'll get out for a short walk today -- maybe just 2-3 miles.

I know I'm not going to be anybody's posterboy for fitness and health. I'm just trying to be a little better at living today than I was yesterday.

Be well,

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment