Monday, September 14, 2015

Not Exactly a Grand Re-start

It's the first day back from vacation and it's been a month since I took a break from walking and running. I said that I would get back at it when we returned from Mexico but it wasn't anything in the way of a big start. I managed some walking and a little running while gone, but not much more. So now I'm back and ready to get started.

My activity today was 90 minutes of mowing and yard work, a couple of miles on the bicycle (to remind myself that the hills around here kill me) and an easy 1 mile after dinner stroll with Chris.
Like I said, no big deal.

I still have another hour or so left of yard work for tomorrow and an evening baseball game to watch so I'll get some stationary cycle time. I'm going to get a walk in tomorrow after my morning coffee and may try for a little road work cycling just to build up some strength and endurance.

Diet wise, today was a good day. I'm going to watch the intake a bit more closely for the coming weeks, both for quality and quantity. I'm going back to drinking more water. It is more difficult to keep to drinking water at home than when I was working. I generally had a couple of half liter bottles each work session. Now I just don't think about drinking water during the day and so I drink a lot less between meals.

My step counter is just a few steps short of 12,000 for the day. I'll go ahead and get that in but will be happy with a 10,000 daily step goal for a while.

It's hard to believe there are just over 100 days left in 2015.
Let's finish well!

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment