Sunday, November 1, 2015

No Excuse November

It is a foggy start to the month of November in the Ozarks, but the daytime highs will be back in the 70s for the beginning of the week. That will be nice after the cool temperatures to end the month of October.

I see that I haven't posted on my Healthy Living blog in well over a month. That is because of a relapse into the unhealthy guy part.

Actually, October wasn't a bad month -- irregular on the walking and not too concerned about a daily step goal, but it really wasn't too bad. I plan to look at November/December with a bit more attention to the details of day-to-day healthy living.

One of the things that I did in October was to work on flexibility. I'm going to continue with that and with simple body weight exercises. One thing that I've never been very good at is doing pull-ups. I'm going to be working on that in the coming weeks. I'm also going to be working on some handstand/headstand balancing. I'm not sure why I want to work on that, I just do.

And it's back to daily walks (maybe an occasional run) and a daily step goal of a modest 10,000 steps. No excuses!

Although my diet hasn't been crazy out of whack, I do know that keeping track of what I'm eating and drinking does help tremendously when it comes to controlling calories. So ... even though it is a real pain in the butt, I'm going to finish the year with the daily food log via My Fitness Pal.

On the positive side -- there is no Halloween candy left in the house and I won't be going to work this week to feast on the leftover candy that people would bring in and leave in the break room!

Be well.
Eat well.
Get some exercise!

John <><


1 comment: