Monday, November 16, 2015

Challenging week ahead

This is going to be a challenging week when it comes to getting my daily steps and exercise. For the most part, an alternative to walking isn't a big deal. I have an indoor cycle, Nordic Track skier and a weigh machine. Getting in my 10,000 steps with a week of rain in the forecast may be a bit tougher.
Later in the week I have have some serious drive time to deal with. I planning on making the time for walking on those days, but it is still a challenge.

I'll definitely be keeping the walks close to home if I find some times when it is not raining. I don't want to be too far if the sky decides to open up and dump its water on me. I don't mind walking in the rain in the summertime, but November showers tend to be on the chilly side.

It has been raining through the night. Right now it is windy, but no rain. I should probably get out there but I'm still working on my first cup of coffee. I'm sure that I'll manage to keep my daily streak intact.
No excuses -- right?
I suppose that running instead of walking would shorten the time that I am out and limit the chances of getting caught in the rain. However, at my brisk walking speed and slow running speed the difference isn't great and I'm still comfortable with the idea of walking daily vs running irregularly.

Make your week a good one!
Be well,

John <><


No comments:

Post a Comment