Monday, August 3, 2020

August 3

It's Monday and the first weekday of August. I make the first weekday distinction as a way to excuse not getting any exercise over the first two days of the month. Of course, that implies that I'll get started today ... and, perhaps I will.

I hesitate to continue to post daily since every day's post is pretty much like the day before. Such consistency is good for steady weight loss, but not so good for interesting writing. While I do well in keeping my daily calories within the weight loss limit, there isn't anything structured or particularly healthy about it. In the past week I've had spicy Italian sausages, peach pie, ice cream, milkshakes, milk chocolate candy bars, cookies, and potato chips -- non of which would be on a real health nut's diet. Moderation is working for me.

But -- the end result has been a fairly steady weight loss. Today's weigh-in was at 230 pounds, so 220 by Sept 5 is a pretty realistic goal. 

Be well,
John

PS I've been thinking about adding variety to our diet by trying one new recipe each week. It can be a main course, side dish, or dessert. It can be for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I will try to keep the new additions to the diet to reflect a more healthy type of eating. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment