Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Getting Started

If you are a reader of one of my other blogs, welcome to Healthy Living!
If you just happened onto this blog randomly or from another link, I welcome you and invite you to check out my other posts at Out of My Hat.

I decided on a new blog so that I could post about my journey of weight loss (60 lbs so far) and exercise without wearing out my friends at Out of My Hat. I probably shouldn't mention that I also post occasionally at Amateur Cigar Smoker, but as this blog title says, I am your normal, unhealthy guy.

This introductory post won't have much in the way of content other than to say what I'd like to do with this blog.

I am looking to share my struggles and victories over food and weight.

I'd like to do the same with exercise, but will say from the start that I'm not a P90X guy or any kind of high intensity, fat burning, drop pounds quickly through exercise kind of guy. I believe in the philosophy of -- Eat for weight management. Exercise for good health. I know that there is a correlation between exercise and weight loss, but believe that 80% or more of your weight loss will happen in the kitchen, not the gym.

I want to share some of the small steps I've taken (it's taken me a year to lose the weight so far) and some of the recipes that I like.
And I'd like to hear some of your favorite healthy recipes.

I also want to encourage you to be healthier.

And I want to find out what is working for other people. We all have different starting points and different objectives; yet we share many of the diets, activities and methods for reaching those diverse goals.

So...
Welcome.
Stay tuned for more.
Subscribe here, follow me on Twitter, or check back from time to time to see what's been posted.
And if you find anything helpful, share it with a friend.

John
The (formerly) Unhealthy Guy
<><

1 comment:

  1. You are to be concidered the inspirational healthy/unhealthy guy! I'll be tracking the progress!!!

    ReplyDelete