Thursday, June 26, 2014

What's next?

There are only 5 days left in the 30 Day Ab challenge (and 1 of them is a rest day) so I think I'll make it okay. I've got to admit that there have been a few days that I wonder about it and the big days are yet to come, but I think I can manage the last four workouts.



The question is: What do I do for next month?

I am going to come up with an ab routine that is a little more diverse than the four exercises in the 30 day challenge. It will not be as intense as the last week, but still a good workout for three or four days per week.

I've been keeping up with the walking, but really haven't done much in the way of running. I did find a site that talked about exercises to improve hip strength to reduce knee strain. I may give that a try. Of course, the real problem isn't the knees, anyway. The real problem is endurance. I can't run long enough to do much damage to my knees!

Yeah, yeah, I know I could build up the endurance, but I'm just not that motivated to run. I know there are some great benefits to running over walking, but again--not that motivated. I think I'll stick to the walking, biking and the stationary cycle--mostly because I know that I'll stick to the walking, the biking and the stationary cycle!

I have been doing some minor strength building exercises and want to amp that up a little bit--more push-ups, pull-ups, squats and something for the arms. I'm not interested in adding a lot of muscle for size and strength. I'm interested in adding muscle for the fact that it burns calories (even when you're not doing anything!) and it's good for more than just looks--it's healthy!

I've got a few days to figure out what I'm going to be doing. I like the idea of having a routine or planned program. It's a little bit easier for me to keep on track.

I'll try to post what I'm going to do; not because anybody else really cares, but because it helps me to stay the course.

My new mantra is "You can't out exercise a poor diet!"

Eat well.
Live well.

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment