Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Exercising the Body; Exercising the Mind.

What was the turning point?
What was it that caused me to go from an out of shape, overweight, unhealthy person to the guy that started eating better, getting some exercise and doing the things that I needed to be doing to become more healthy.

The truth is...

...I had to get my mind right.

I had to make the mental determination that I was heading towards an early death if I didn't make some serious lifestyle changes.

Over the past twenty-one months, I have had my mental lapses. They were followed by the physical lapses--poor diet choices (bad foods and too much of them) and less activity. If I don't keep the mental focus, I lose the physical battles.

I have to admit, I'm not the committed exercise freak that some are. I have no desire to try an intense daily training program. I'm not going to start Cross-fit, P90X, Insanity or any other crazy fitness program. I'm not going to train for a triathlon, half-marathon or even a 5K. When I get tired, I rest. My mental focus isn't up to that kind of training. I simply want to be fit and healthy.

Today, I'm back to refocusing on good, healthy living--mentally! The physical part will follow.
It's just a matter of making one good choice at a time, right?

Eat healthy today...or not.
Get some exercise today...or not.
Keep mentally focused...or not.

One good choice at a time.

Take the stairs...or the elevator.
Watch TV...or take a walk.
Apple...or potato chips.
Soda...or tea...or water.

One good choice at a time, right?

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment