Monday, May 18, 2015

May Goals; mid-month assessment

I'm feeling pretty good about May health goals.

My S-health app went through some updates that I don't really care for in the way that it keeps track of my daily steps, but that's okay. I'm still doing very well and will be far ahead of what I set as a monthly goal.

I haven't been very good about getting that early start in the day and that may have to change as the weather gets warmer. It may just come down to choosing which I like less--walking early or sweating a little more. Chances are I'll choose to sweat and rehydrate.

Last week, I finally got around to using the weight machine during a Cardinal game. I plan on that again during tonight's game. It actually felt pretty good and really boosted the metabolism and calorie burn for the day. On the downside, it is in the evening and I'm not sure that's the best time for boosting the metabolic rate. Seems like that would be more advantageous earlier in the day.

I've been paying closer attention to my food intake and that has been paying off quite nicely. I've increased the amount of protein in my diet and that seems to really help with the weight loss. My weight is back to where it was at this time last year and I aim to get back to my mid June weight by mid June!
I'll have to keep it up to get my weight down to around 190. I'd like to be in a maintenance state by the time we gather for our family reunion in mid August.

All-in-all, life is good!

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment