Friday, May 1, 2015

May Goals

It's May!
And that means it's time to set some new goals.

For this month I've upped my daily step goal from 11,000 to 12,900. I managed to make my daily goal every day in April but am not going to obsess about it in May. The main thing will be to average 12,900 which will give me 400,000 steps for the month.

I managed to run nearly 12 miles in April and doubt that I'll do much more for May. Once or twice a week is enough for this old guy.

I do need to do some more strength training. I should work on that during the Cardinal baseball games that I watch since I have a fine view of the TV from the weight machine.

Food wise I've done well and managed to shed 8 of those regained pounds. I have more to go and will continue to keep an eye on everything I consume--not in a crazy restrictive way, just in an awareness way.

I'm trying something different today. I'm a slow starter in the morning and it is usually late morning before I get around to going out for my walk. Today I got up with Chris and rode with her to her daily soda stop. I walked across the street to the Ozark Starbucks and am blogging from there while enjoying my venti 5-shot Americano.
After a refill cup of coffee and a stop at the bathroom, I'll set off on the 6 mile walk home.

It's a little cool this morning but I'm thinking this might be a good plan as the days get warmer. In any case, it will get my May off to a fine start!

Set your goals.
Work to achieve them.
Be well,

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment