Sunday, May 31, 2015

May summary, June goals

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in my May. Although I easily managed to reach my step goal of 400,000 steps and I feel pretty good, my weight has remained steady at around 208-209 pounds. I've been keeping a pretty good watch on my calories but think that I may need to adjust my carb calories down a bit while boosting the protein and fat calories.

I set personal bests for walking in May and continued to work on a little running. I want to continue to run and will include that in my June goals. I'm also getting started a little earlier in the day and will continue to trend that way as the days continue to get warmer.

For June:
I'll continue with the step goal of 400,000 steps for the 30 day month.

I want complete an inverse pyramid interval run of 1 mile, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 mile with 1/4 mile walks between.

I plan to add some HIIT sessions 2 or three times per week. I haven't figured out exactly what they will look like, but want to get serious about adding something significant to my fitness routine.

While I'd like to end June below the 200 pound mark, I'll be pleased to meet my other goals, do well on what I eat and end up at anything less than I am now. I really don't want to obsess over the weight as much as I want to be healthy.

It's almost most summer.
They say you eat well to look good in street clothes and exercise to look good in swimwear.
How will you look at the pool, lake or beach this summer?

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment