Saturday, August 1, 2015

August

It's hard to believe that August is here!
I've taken time off from the walking/running for a little while to see if my heel will heal. It does feel better but since I can't really quit walking, there is still some discomfort. I'm going to continue for a couple of more weeks and then reassess.

I did the necessary repairs to my recumbent stationary cycle and discovered that is a whole different workout. I need to keep this as a part of my routine even after I get back to walking and running.

I managed to talk Chris into a kayak outing. That was more fun than exercise but I don't have a problem with that at all. The only downside is that she would much rather be in a two-person kayak than in two kayaks. Before we invest that way, we'll see how often this will be a thing. I'm still considering the stand up paddle board. When I'm by myself, it's about the exercise not the scenery nor the serenity of being out in nature. I think the SUP will be a better workout.

I haven't given much thought to any monthly goals for August so I'll work on that this weekend. We're going to head east to Taum Sauk State Park and hike the trails. It's just going to be a day hike so no packs -- more like a walk than a hike.

Have a grand month!
Be well,

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment