Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I've Changed My Mind ...

The reality of a journey that takes you from poor health to good health (or at least to better health) is that you have to change how you think about everything.

You can begin with a better diet, but real success is going to take much more than just a better diet.
True health and well being is an all encompassing attitude. If you are eating better but your life is filled with stress, you will still be exposed to the negative effects of the toxins produced by a stressed out person.

The body produces a steroid hormone called cortisol to help us deal with stressful situations. But when we're faced with a constant influx of this hormone, we end up causing our bodies a lot of negative side effects. Too much cortisol, too little sleep and little or no exercise will severely limit the effectiveness of healthy eating.

I found that I was allowing a lot more garbage into my mind than I was into my body. Not only was it necessary for me to stop eating so much junk, it was also necessary to avoid certain negative people, negative news casts, junk internet reading and Facebook posts and a host of other toxic material that was shaping my psyche. Just as cutting out the junk is a first step in changing your diet, cutting out the junk is also the first step in changing how you think and moving towards better mental health. The next step is finding good stuff to consume in place of the negative stuff.

A good food diet, an adequate amount of sleep, some physical activity and positive input all combine to bring about a healthier you.

So yes...
in order to be a healthier me, I've had to change my mind.
I've had to change my mind about a lot of things.

If you want to be a healthier you, perhaps the place to begin is to change your mind.
Healthy living is more than diet and exercise. It is an attitude; a way of life.

Be well,

John <><

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! It is not enough to eat healthier; a more healthy outlook is needed to make your live more worth living. And more spiritual as well.

    ReplyDelete