Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Subtle Changes

It really is pretty amazing what a few simple changes can make to ones overall feeling of health.
I don't believe that a day or two of walking makes a big difference in my weight or health, but it does come with some subtle benefits. And since those benefits are more my goal than the weight loss -- well, that's a good thing.

I bought a cheap fitness watch for counting steps and tracking activity/sleep/heart rate. It frees me from having to always have my phone with me to track steps. I set the daily step goal to 8000 since I realize that is a more realistic daily achievement for a mostly sedentary fat boy like me and is still twice what I have been getting. I've managed the 8k goal three of the past 5 days and did 10k+ yesterday. Maybe I'll be back to 10k as I get more active, but I'm okay with the 8k for now.

I wouldn't say that diet has been great. It's been okay -- not too unhealthy, but nothing to brag about.

Even with just the simple changes of taking a walk and being more aware of diet I am feeling good this morning. It's not that I was waking up feeling bad, but there is a difference in attitude, energy, and overall wellbeing. I'm expecting a good day today. I hope that you are, too.

John

 

No comments:

Post a Comment