Saturday, January 23, 2021

Week 1

Today ends the first full week of reactivation. I actually started last Friday with a walk, followed by some indoor work on Saturday, and a day off on Sunday.
I know a day off after only two light days seems a bit lazy, but Sundays off will be my plan. Walking isn't a big deal, so I may still be walking on most weeks, but I'll leave that decision to each week, or I may use Sundays as make up days should I miss a day during the week.



This is my step chart since last Friday. The dotted line is my daily 8,000 step goal. I should manage 8k today and will probably be on the exercise bike while watching part of the fights tonight. I topped 10k twice this week. 
Included on my watch data is a heartrate monitor. I was a little surprised to see my resting heartrate at 62bpm - not too bad for an old, out of shape, fat guy.

Diet awareness continues to be okay, although I haven't gone back to logging foods and counting calories. I don't really want to do that since I don't think it's a long-term sustainable kind of thing and I'm more interested in being healthy rather than just losing weight. I may change my mind on that, but for now I'm okay with just paying closer attention to overall consumption and what I need balanced with what I want.

Right now, I want another cup of coffee.

Be well,
John


No comments:

Post a Comment