Saturday, August 28, 2021

August 28

This morning's scale read at 252, that's minus 10 pounds for the month with four days to go. Two more pounds would be nice, (and is doable) but I'm not going to stress over it. If I pay close attention to what I'm eating for the rest of the month, I should be okay.
Yesterday was a good day--for both diet and activity. I just need to do that for the next four days. Then I'll worry about September goals.

I've been more careful about sweets. I've been sticking to a frozen mixed berry smoothie as a go-to substitute for ice cream. I can add protein for a meal substitute or not for an evening snack. Sometimes I splurge and add a little chocolate syrup. I had a deep fried pork tenderloin sandwich this past week. High on fat calories, but oh so good! All-in-all, I'm just trying to maintain some sort of balance without making healthier eating an unenjoyable (and unsustainable) chore.

I'll be back on Sept 1, with the month end/beginning weigh-in and new monthly goals.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment