Friday, November 12, 2021

November 12, No Excuses

I think I like adding the 1 minute sprints into my indoor cycle riding. I've done that a couple of times now and will try to continue to do that or some other variation to keep it interesting. I added some dumbbell work to the cycle riding yesterday and felt good about it afterwards.

It was a good day on the food intake. I did have a heavy milk stout which was the first beer I've had in a few weeks. Losing weight while continuing to drink beer is a real challenge. It's much easier to cut it out or severely limit consumption. I ended up close to the total daily allotment on calories, but feel good about the food I ate.

I did miss Monday's weigh-in since we were camping. I stepped on the scale this morning and was encouraged to read it at 242. That's -20 pounds since Aug 1st. It's good to see the numbers moving (and in the right direction!) again. It is seven weeks until 2022, so 220 will take some purposeful and consistent work. Holidays can be a tough time to be eating healthy and losing weight. Not being that much of a social creature is an advantage.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment