Tuesday, November 2, 2021

November 2, No Excuses

I did it! One day--No excuses. Big deal, right?
Actually, without Day 1, there is no Day 2, so it's kind of a deal. I started with just 15 minutes on the exercise cycle and then walked 1.2 miles before it started a light rain. Today will be another cool and overcast day, but no rain is in the forecast. The plan is to walk a couple of miles.

I had more meat yesterday than I think I'll be having on most days as I move to more of a plant based diet. I had a chicken salad lunch and chili for dinner. Overall, I was well below the daily calorie count. 

I want to point out that even though I am using calories as a sort of daily guide for weightloss, I'm learning that the kind of calories really matter in how I feel. By limiting low fiber processed foods like bread and pasta, and calorie dense foods like meat, I am not feeling hungry or even craving snacks throughout the day. I'm thinking about a mini-experiment for breakfast today. If I go through with it, I'll share it tomorrow.

November 2
Just another day in the new healthy normal, right?

John

No comments:

Post a Comment