Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday morning reflections

It's the last Monday morning of June and I have to admit that I've had some pretty humbling revelations during the month of June.

A family wedding and several kids' camps have netted a few photographs of yours truly and they weren't pretty pictures!
While I have certainly been aware that I have put back about half of the weight I lost a couple of years ago, seeing it from the perspective of others -- wow! I probably need to print a couple of those pics and keep them posted where they will remind me of just how unhealthy I look.

And I definitely need to be more vigilant about my diet.

Even though I have not been too active (walking, yoga, etc.) lately, I still believe in eat for weight management and exercise for fitness as a way of taking care of one's self. I need to get back to doing both!

I find that logging foods during the day is the best way to keep track of the calories and types of foods I eat. I also find it to be a pain in the butt -- clearly a figurative lesson in "no pain, no gain."
I think that the inactivity of my retirement has also led to more enjoyment of food as a means of entertainment and a means of satisfying pleasure cravings and viewing food less as a means of fueling my body. The consequences of those perceptions are pretty evident in the pictures and on the scale.

So --
Not gonna wait until July or after the holiday weekend. I see no point in wasting the few remaining days of June and the beginning of July. Today I am back to faithfully logging food intake and eating for a healthy lifestyle. Like before, I'm just not going to go crazy with the fitness/exercise stuff. That's just not me and doesn't work well when I try to force it. Walking, cycling on the stationary bike, and a little yoga is about all I plan to engage in and probably not on an everyday basis.

I think that another thing that may help me in my weight management is to keep posting my progress. I know that not many people read this blog, but writing my progress (or lack of it) will keep me aware of it and hopefully, on track.

Here goes!

Be well,
John


No comments:

Post a Comment