Monday, February 2, 2015

Today is the First Day...

From somewhere in the distant past I remember the saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

Well,
...it is!

So today I am back on the food logging, calorie tracking bandwagon. Like before, I'm not going to be crazy fanatic about numbers, but logging has a way of keeping me aware of just how many calories (and extra calories) I consume during the day. It is also a pretty good reminder of what I eat and I often check the calories vs. nutritional value before I actually make a decision on whether or not to eat something.

My overall diet hasn't changed too much. I have been a little more free with sweet snacks than I was last year and I have been way too careless about those incidental calories -- you know, the snacks that we eat without even thinking about.

I just need to get back to fueling my body as it needs and being aware of what I am consuming.

So today is the day!
If you're in need of a fresh start, why not make today the day for you, too?

A fresh start for healthy eating; a fresh start for exercise; a fresh outlook on life.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Let's make it a good one!

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment