Thursday, February 26, 2015

These Boots Were Made For ...

For some reason I've managed to use the cold as an excuse for not walking very much this winter. Last year, I pretty much walked every day--regardless of the temperatures. There were days when the wind chill was below zero (Fahrenheit) and I still managed a couple of miles.

This year, not so much.

Yesterday, we got a break from the cold temps and I managed to get in a three mile walk. It felt pretty good. I need to get back to that. Today is cold and snowing, but I'm going to get out for a walk again anyways. I find walking to be the easiest exercise to keep in a regular routine. I know that it isn't much of an exercise to the gym rats or to the P90X and Insanity crowds, but it works well for a 50+ fat guy that needs to move a little bit. If you're not doing anything else, it will work for you, too.

One of the nice thing about walking is that we are all pretty much experts at it! Sure, there may be things that we can do better or faster, but we can get started without a coach or special instruction. And other than a comfortable pair of shoes, there is no special equipment required. When the weather is bad, you can walk at the mall. When the weather is nice, the world is your walking course.

I know that winter in the Ozarks is far from over (Did I mention it's snowing out?), but I'm going to get back to walking. You can look for my RunKeeper updates on Twitter and Facebook!

You don't have to be fast to lap everyone sitting on the couch. You just have to be moving!

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment