Sunday, July 26, 2015

Chicago Food Binge

So it's been a tough week on the food front.

I've allowed myself to pretty much eat whatever I felt like while on my trip to Chicago for the UFC fights. I suppose I could have managed better by eating whatever in decent sized portions, but as you know, most places serve in semi-outlandish sized portions.

I may have to start this week with a modified fast to provide my system with a much needed detox/cleanse.
Or I can just go back to a better diet and let the body cleanse itself at a slow, steady rate. I'll figure that out as I make my way back home later today.

Since I'm taking a little time off from walking and running, this week will have me hitting the weights and the bicycle. I can tell you that the bicycle worries me. I'm not sure why the hills around our house bother me as much as they do, but they are killers for this old man! I'm sure that it would help if I wasn't so cheap and would spend the money on a decent bicycle, but I am cheap and figure that if I'm not racing, I may as well have to work for every mile. I mean -- exercise is why I'm doing it, right?

I also really need an exercise schedule. Time management for exercise is tougher for me as a retired guy than if I was working. There is no doubt that I have much more time, but that seems to be the problem. Putting things off is much easier. Then it isn't long until you don't have time. I need to convince my body that morning is a good time to get moving and it's okay to exercise before morning coffee or after only a cup. I can always do the relaxing cup (or pot) of coffee later.

I always feel better after a workout. It's getting to it that I need to feel better about.

It's just six weeks until beach week! Time to get serious!

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment