Wednesday, July 1, 2015

It's July!

Where did the first half of 2015 go?

It is already July.
And time to set some new goals for a new month.

June accomplishments were okay; nothing to brag about, just okay.
I managed to make my 400,000 step goal but had to smash my daily record by taking over 30,000 steps on the 30th to get it done!
I didn't do the inverse pyramid run that I mentioned as a goal but accomplished the miles by just doubling the distance and just stepping down -- running 2 miles, 1 1/2, 1, and 1/2 mile and walking 1/2 mile between.
Weight wise, I managed to lose a couple of pounds but am still well above the 200# mark. As I said, this isn't a great concern. I know that I am eating well (for the most part) and I am getting some exercise almost every day.

For July:

At one point I was entertaining the thought of 500,000 steps, but I think that is a little (or a lot) over ambitious. Since I do get the extra day, if I go for a 10% daily increase and add the day I'll end up at 450,000 steps for the month. There are some travel days and I'll have some more heat to contend with, but that's the goal -- 450,000 steps!

Where running is concerned, I would like to make a five mile run by the end of July. The actual run distance from my June goal was 5 miles with three breaks of 1/2 mile walks. I just need to work to cut out the walking breaks. Again, speed isn't much of a concern.

I am going to work more on strength conditioning over the next few weeks and I would like to "look" better by our beach vacation in September. I am not at all interested in bulking up, I just want a lean, fit, healthy look. I am going to make daily (or nearly daily) yoga a part of that as well.

On the diet front...
I think that we need to eat out less and enjoy the fresh seasonal produce by preparing meals at home. Last night we had steak fajitas with fresh green, orange and red bell peppers, onions and seasonings and served will well seasoned pinto beans. It was relatively simple and quick to fix, tasted great and was an easy clean up, as well.
We need to do more of that.

So there it is:
450,000 steps
5 mile run
Strength conditioning
Daily yoga
Healthy eating at home

Set your goals.
Make a plan.
Achieve your goals.

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment