Sunday, January 24, 2016

January goals update

With a week left to go in the month of January, I am at 81.6 miles towards my 100 mile goal of miles walked. I don't think that meeting this goal will be a problem.

Today I walked 2.5 miles early and by myself; then I walked another two miles with Chris. We'll probably get in some more walking before the day is over. To spare everybody the RunKeeper updates of multiple shorter walks, I have turned off the link to Twitter (which also links to Facebook). I may just keep that turned off since I really doubt that anyone really cares that John is out walking. Only those of you that are connected via RunKeeper will continue to get those updates.

I will say that walking barefoot on the beach works the calf muscles much more than walking the streets of Ozark. I'll probably be feeling it tomorrow!

Weight loss is still a struggle. I've managed to slowly drop a few pounds this month and don't expect to lose any this week on our trip. I'll be happy if I end the week without gaining any weight. I've been doing better at eating less and keeping to healthy foods since the end of the holidays. We have been dining at home more and trying to make better choices when choosing a place to eat out.
I would like to get below 200 lbs. (90.7 kg) and stay there.

I have done a little work towards some strength training, but haven't been too consistent.
I guess that'll be a February health goal.

Health wise -- I feel great!
And in the end, I suppose that is as important as anything.

How are your 2016 goals/resolutions coming along?

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment