Monday, February 15, 2016

Minor Setback

I'm experiencing a minor setback on the February goals.
I've noticed a little soreness and a little swelling in my right knee and I'm guessing the daily squats are the culprit. I've tried modifying my stance a bit and that seems to help with the discomfort while doing them, but the problem persists.
The goal oriented side of my says, "press on," but the more sensible side says that maybe it's time to back off a bit.
That's also the part of me that says, "Dang! I hate getting old!"

Although I've never had a doctor look at it, I'm thinking that a knee replacement may be in my future. There have been issues with this knee in the past.

I am going to keep up with the walking (that doesn't seem to bother it) and see if the slight swelling will go down just by eliminating the squats. I'll also look at doing something else as an additional exercise after taking a few days off.

Sacrebleu!

John

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this article as
    well as from our discussion made here.

    ReplyDelete