Friday, October 29, 2021

October 29, Day 38

Writing at the end of the day rather than the beginning. Today has been a bust. I've been dealing with the same negative reaction to my COVID booster that I did with the 2nd shot. Ugh!
On the bright side, I think I'm turning the corner on the diet/weightloss thing. I've gone from just over 250 to just under 250 this week.
For the past few days I've been trying to eat more real whole food like fruits, veggies, and whole grains, and fewer processed foods and less meat. Shifting away from the typical American diet that has most of us obese or overweight isn't going to be easy. I think the biggest change has to be in the mindset of deciding not to eat crap (says the guy that just ate some crackers and processed cheese). 
I'm pretty sure that I won't be eliminating all processed foods from my diet. I do need to cut them back quite a bit. I think I also need to cut back on the dairy products a little. I typically don't have much dairy in a day--a little (lactose free) milk with cereal in the morning is pretty much it unless there's ice cream in the house. Cheese is also a regular habit and I like it a lot, so that may be tough.

I've been doing well at the food logging this week and plan on keeping it up. It really helps to see what I'm eating and how much of it. It is surprising how satisfying and filling raw fruits and veggies can be. I'm looking forward to a Monday, November 1st weigh-in. I have a feeling November will be a good month.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment