Tuesday, October 5, 2021

October 5, Day 14

Pretty much more of the same.
I did over do it a bit on the food consumption with some of Chris's birthday dessert and treats from a friend. That's not an everyday kind of thing, so I'm not too worried about it.

On the overall health and wellness front I am way past due for a visit to the doctor for a wellness physical. I may have been once since I retired nearly seven years ago. I don't get the annual once over that I got when I was working. Although the typical FAA flight physical wasn't much as complete physicals go, since the doctor we used was also my personal primary care doc, he typically did more for my annual visit and saved me the additional out-of-pocket office visit charge. He retired the same time I did.

I did find a new primary care doc, but I haven't seen her in at least 5 years. It's hard to get motivated to see a doctor when my only real health issues are sleep apnea (I have a pulmonologist for that) and being obese. I already know what too do about that.
I use OTC stuff for seasonal allergies and don't have any regular medication that I take. I'm mostly just a 61+ year old, overweight, out of shape, semi-healthy guy. I'm working on the overweight, out of shape part.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment