Monday, August 4, 2014

A New Month's Challenges

After a "bad" weekend on the dietary front and a slow weekend on the fitness front, it is time to get about setting goals for the month of August.

Several months before I actually hit my weight loss goal I said that it wasn't really about weight loss anymore. That was easy to do for a couple of reasons. 1) I knew I would make my goal. and 2) It really was about better health.

I wanted (and have found) a sustainable way to eat for good health. I figured that when my dietary habits and activity level reached a balance, I would stop losing weight and begin to maintain a good body weight for an unhealthy guy with decent eating habits and moderate physical activity.

And that has happened, but...

Those slight weight fluctuations are bugging me a little bit. I hate it when the scale reads on the heavy side of 200. I know that I still carry a small (or not so small) amount of "extra" weight and could stand to trim some more fat. I have not been a fitness crazy person and don't expect to become one. However, I do want to push my base weight down a few pounds so that those 3-4 pound fluctuations still keep my weight on the light side of 200.

In the next four weeks:
I'm going to get my weight down to 193. I know that sounds like an odd weight to shoot for but it's -65 from my starting weight of 258 from 6/1/13.
I'm going to improve on my Burpee Challenge time of 15:17 (I actually hate this goal).
I'm going to begin working muscle groups for exercises vs just doing daily cardio.
and I'm going back to being more diligent about tracking calories.

I'm cutting back on the mids I'm working in hopes to be able to better regulate my overall schedule. I think that a more regular sleep schedule will help with more regular eating habits and more regular exercise habits. It's easy enough to get a walk in pretty much anytime of day; harder to get in a workout session. Sometimes getting up a little bit earlier doesn't work out for me. It seems that I may have intentions of going to bed early enough to make it feasible, but that hasn't worked out to be the case the last couple of times that I planned on it!

Of course, sitting and typing while enjoying my morning coffee isn't burning any calories either! Better get going!

Have a great week.
Be well,

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment