Friday, August 1, 2014

It's August!

On the health front I finished July at pretty much the same weight that I began the month. I managed to let a few pounds creep on but caught up before it got out of control and am back at the 198 mark. I think I'm going to push for a few extra pounds so that when I drift up a few pounds I can still be around 195 or so; 193 would be -65 from my starting point.

On the fitness side of healthy living, I've been doing okay about keeping active. My walking pace has improved to just over 4 mph. I haven't been on the bike much this month (except for the occasional indoor cycle). I'm not sure why, I just haven't.

I did my "burpee challenge" this morning. Ugh!

My main goal was to do 100 of the devilish things. I wasn't too concerned with the time. I wasn't expecting to make it in 12 minutes. A month ago, I wasn't expecting much of anything.
Ha! A year ago I probably couldn't have done one!

I'll keep working on it until I can get them done in less than 12 minutes. My first challenge time was 15 minutes, 17 seconds. Since I'm not too much on killing myself for fitness (too old for that nonsense), I'll shoot for around 13:30 in September and <12 in October.The bad part about that is I'll be doing burpees for the next couple of months!

Sacre Bleu!

Diet wise, I've been adding some whole grains and breads back in to my diet. Don't worry, I.m still paying attention to the calorie count and when I'm eating--easy on the carbs late in the day and sticking to fruit for the sweet tooth! I've managed four consecutive meatless days and don't feel the least bit trendy all of a sudden. I'm moving away from the protein powder a little at a time and trying to get more protein from real food rather than anything processed.

Over all, I feel good.

If you're just getting started (or need to get started), don't worry if you're starting small. Small steps in the right direction still get you moving in the right direction.
Make one commitment for exercise. (Walk for 20 minutes three times this week.)
Make one dietary change. (maybe eat three new vegetables this week or cut out bread)
Make one lifestyle change. (park your car farther away or set a regular bed time)
Just get started.
And keep it up!

Have a healthy weekend!
Be well,

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment