Monday, January 5, 2015

A healthy treat

I made these cookies this weekend with a few variations.
Pretty good!


For my cookies I did add the 1/2 c of raisins. I also added 1/2 cup of walnuts, 1/2 cups of organic toasted coconut flakes and one scoop of vanilla whey isolate protein powder. (I use Body Fortress protein because I like the flavor better than other powders I've tried.)

I used a 1/4 cup scoop to measure out the mix for each cookie and pressed them slightly on the cookie sheet. This recipe made just 14 of these 1/4 cup cookies.

Putting the recipe into My Fitness Pal puts each cookie at 136 calories with 5 grams of protein.

Let me know if you try them.

Be well,
John <><

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good recipe, until you threw in the raisins...I'll leave those out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first batch used dried cranberries instead of raisins. The raisins add a sweetness that I like but I would consider using both.
      If it's not about health, you could always use chocolate chips!

      Delete
  2. I modified this once again.

    In an effort to make these a little more substantial and add some flavor and texture, I added another scoop of the whey isolate along with a half cup each of dried cranberries and sliced almonds.
    Weird that it only made one more cookie (slightly larger than the others. This is called the test cookie!). That puts each cookie at 160 calories with 6.8 grams of protein.
    JH

    ReplyDelete